Development Scientist Molecular Diagnostics / NGS£35,000 £50,000 per annum + Excellent BenefitsBased in London, UK Do you have extensive experience of molecular diagnostics or NGS?Would...
Research Scientist (Molecular Biology / Diagnostics)
£22,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits (commensurate with experience)
Do you have solid laboratory experience of DNA/RNA amplification and detection?
Would you like to work for a Biotech at the cutting edge of molecular biology diagnostics?
Working as a key part of a team of research scientists, you will contribute to projects focused on the development of novel DNA analysis systems using semiconductor technology. You will be working for the Molecular Biology platform, including aspects of enzymology, biochemistry, and sample preparation. You will liaise with colleagues from a variety of disciplines including electronic engineering, microfluidics, and industrial design. Your work will dovetail directly with a team of other molecular biologists and biochemists, entailing extensive communication with talented and passionate colleagues and external suppliers.
You may also participate in the running of clinical validation studies. Your role will impact strongly on architectural choices, experimental design and execution of experiments. You should have a practical, goal-orientated approach to your responsibilities, as well as the ability to think creatively, brainstorm and develop new ideas.
Experience of working in industry is required, including working on projects towards deadlines and tangible deliverables. You will have industry experience in developing or working with DNA detection/sequencing technology along with a clear track record for practical, milestone-driven and commercial-leaning work.
Skills, experience and qualifications required;
- BSc or MSc in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology or Genetics etc (or equivalent working experience)
- DNA/RNA amplification and detection
- Enzymatic reactions in microfluidic devices, digital PCR, RT-PCR or other low volume DNA technology, primer/probe design and qualification
- Experience with planning and managing your own experiments
- Experience of working as part of a research and development team
- Sample preparation & Genotyping or DNA/RNA sequencing would be an advantage
- Experience of Molecular Diagnostics device development or with semiconductor ship technology would be an advantage
This is exceptional chance to join a company focused on developing cutting-edge technology which will make a real difference to Molecular Diagnostic technologies.
Key Words "PCR, Sequencing, DNA Analysis, Microarray, IVD, Molecular Diagnostics, Nucleic Acid, Product Development, microfluidics, pcr assay, RT-PCR, QPCR"
Please apply online, call Neil Walton or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.