Marketing & Technical Specialist Glasgow PermanentDo you have a background in science with experience working in a commercial or marketing role?Are you looking for a...
Associate Director BioAnalytical - Glasgow - Permanent
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry?
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client, SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing department and can work effectively to deliver business objectives, be a role model for all employees and drive standards.
The high profile BioAnalytical department provides technical services across 3 areas - Biacore, ADCC/CDC and Bioassay/ELISA. Each area is headed by Senior Scientists who oversee teams of Scientists and Analysts. The department is supported by dedicated tissue culture and operations support teams.
The Associate Director supports the Director of BioAnalytical in leading the department (currently 46 staff) and has responsibility for providing high level technical support to clients, troubleshooting and overall management and strategic planning for the department.
Due to the growth of the business our client is looking for an experienced Associate Director to join the Bioanalytical department. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate technical excellence in the field of ELISAs and cell based assays. They must have demonstrable experience in forming relationships with internal and external clients. Additionally, they will demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills required to ensure the smooth running of the department. Some travel may be required.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to
- Being accountable for all aspects of the running of the BioAnalytical department including budgets, revenue, quality and technical standards.
- Ensuring client projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Developing key relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assisting Sales and Business Development with client contracts and services.
- Developing and managing the team.
- Challenging and improving our existing systems & processes.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- You will have a Degree, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline with experience of working in a CRO. Excellent technical knowledge in ELISAs and cell based assays is essential as is experience in managing staff and resources at a high level.
- You will be a proactive problem solver with the technical insight and credibility to drive projects to completion.
- You will operate in a highly structured way with outstanding organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- A strong understanding and practical experience of GMP would be desirable.
- An excellent communicator at all levels with a proven track record in growing and developing your team is essential.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.