Marketing & Technical Specialist Glasgow PermanentDo you have a background in science with experience working in a commercial or marketing role?Are you looking for a...
BioAnalytical Senior Scientist/Team Leader - Glasgow - Permanent
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry?
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client, SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing department and can work effectively to deliver targets, manage by example and drive standards.
The BioAssay/ELISA Team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department. The department is supported by dedicated Tissue Culture and Operations Support teams.
Due to the growth of the business our client is looking for an experienced Senior Scientist to lead a team of scientists and analysts assist clients in cell based assay and ELISA testing.
This role will involve managing the day to day activities of their team as well as having overall responsibility for team objectives. Working with a variety of samples and assay subtypes, the team provide expert technical support to clients on these projects.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate technical excellence in the field of cell based assays and/or ELISAs. They must have demonstrable experience in forming relationships with internal and external clients. Additionally, they will demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills required to ensure the smooth running of the department. Some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to
- Being accountable for all aspects of the running of the BioAssay/ELISA department including budgets, revenue and quality.
- Ensuring client projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Developing key relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assisting Sales and Business Development with client contracts and services.
- Developing and managing the BioAssay/ELISA team.
- Challenging and improving our existing systems & processes.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- You will have a Degree, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent technical knowledge in cell based assays and/or ELISAs is essential.
- You will be a proactive problem solver with the technical insight and credibility to drive projects. You will operate in a highly structured way with outstanding organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- An excellent communicator at all levels with a proven track record in growing and developing your team is essential.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.