Senior GCMS AnalystLocation: HertfordshireContract Type: PermanentSalary: £35,000Do you hold strong experience working with GCMS, covering all stages of Method Development along with analysis, and routine...
Senior Scientist (LCMS)
Salary: £Up to £35,000
Do you hold strong experience working with LC-MS, covering all stages of Method Development along with analysis, and routine maintenance and troubleshooting? Are you able to think on your feet and development new methods for a range of new sample types? Do you have some supervisory experience?
My Hertfordshire based client is a leader in the analytical testing of a range of sample types covering Energy, Water, Food and Beverage. As my client continues to grow, they are now seeking a Senior Scientist (LC-MS) to join their trace organic chemistry laboratory supporting both internal and external clients in Analytical Testing services.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Analyst role will be:
* Application of advanced analytical skills within sample analysis and implementation of assigned projects.
* Full LC-MS method development; covering full method development in trace or ultra-trace level from start to finish.
* Operation of LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and HPLC instruments.
* Performance of routine LC-MS maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Leading a team of scientists, ensuring the delivery of projects to tight deadlines.
* Reviewing technical data where necessary.
* Managing, Mentoring and training of junior staff when required.
To be considered for the Senior Scientist (LC-MS) role, candidates will have:
* Bachelor's degree Chemistry or closely related subject (2.1 minimum) or equivalent industrial experience.
* Strong industry based experience in an accredited Analytical Testing Laboratory.
* Strong LC-MS experience
* Strong experience with examples of taking new methods through development (Essential from start/initial development through to completion)
* Experience in sample preparation Liquid:Liquid Extraction and Solid Phase Extraction.
* Use of Agilent 6495 LCQQQ instruments (desirable).
* Experience in routine LC-MS maintenance and troubleshooting.
Candidates with experience in an environmental testing laboratory and related methods will be at an additional advantage.
This role offers a salary based on experience for candidates suitable for a Senior Analyst level role plus additional benefits.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.