Protein Crystallographer6 Month contractBerkshire areaPaying up to 18.69SRG are currently looking to recruit a Protein Crystallographer, to join a global agrochemical company based in the...
Enzymologist (Pathway elucidation)
2 Year contract
Paying up to £42,000 depending on experience and interview.
SRG are currently looking to recruit for an Enzymologist to join a global agriculture company based in the Berkshire area.
As an Enzymologist you will work within a highly qualified multi-disciplinary team including chemists, analytical scientists and molecular biologists to play a key role in synthetic biology projects. Your work will contribute to new ways of making crop protection active ingredients through synthetic biology.
What we expect to see from you:
- As a specialist in enzymology you will apply your deep understanding of enzyme structures and mechanisms of biochemical transformations to assist in the elucidation of biosynthetic pathway chemistry and identify options for metabolic engineering
- You are able to design complex experiments independently and deliver high-quality results through laboratory work leading to sound conclusions/ hypotheses drawn from your expert knowledge of the field
- You have a passion for science and the drive to develop and translate fundamental knowledge into product-focused projects in collaboration with internal and external partners
To be successful in this role we believe you should have:
- Formal scientific education to PhD level (and ideally post-doctoral experience) in the chemistry of enzyme catalysis
- Experience in exploratory enzymology to develop understanding of enzyme catalysis and the elucidation of novel metabolic pathways
- Effective communication and influencing skills across disciplines, openness to alternative points of view, and strong collaborative behaviours
If you wish to apply for the Enzymologist position, then please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions please contact 0161 868 2205.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.