Process Engineering Manager Hertfordshire Circa £65,000 DOEAre you looking to grow your career within an ambitious and reputable pharmaceutical company?My client provides life-saving treatments around...
Automation Engineer - Pharmaceutical/Medical Device/Food/FMCG - South East - ~£45K
My client is a leading manufacturing facility in the South East of the U.K and they are looking for an Automation engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Ideally experienced in the pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry my client need solid grounding in automation ideally from a degree or extensive experience. If you are interested in hearing about new roles please call on 0161 868 2214.
- Assessing existing computerised systems for conformance with GAMP, EU GMP Volume 4 Annex11, 21 CFR 11 regulations and data integrity
- Assist with obsolescence and reliability assessments and develop maintenance and upgrade programmes to ensure that equipment is fully utilised to ensure availability and yield
- Assist in creating and administer disaster recovery procedures for automated systems through regular reviews of disaster recovery procedures, ensuring availability of spares and proposing solutions for systems requiring replacement or upgrade.
- Provide hands-on diagnostic troubleshooting on PLC/SCADA systems and manage root-cause investigations to minimise critical production and operation downtime
- Manage, perform and approve administration activities on automation systems - Backup/Restore, Archive/Retrieval, Manage User Security, Performance Monitoring, Preventative Maintenance, Malware protection and Periodic Review.
- Participate in development, testing and implementation of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), operator interfaces and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) application software for utility processes, equipment and systems.
- Lead/support preparation of project documentation and review of vendor documentation including feasibility studies, concept/detailed designs, URSs, design specifications; design/GMP reviews, commissioning plans and validation documentation
- Support installation, commissioning, FATs, SATs and validation of process and equipment
- Assist in development of control system standards, engineering procedures and standard operating procedures
- Ensure that Automation systems are designed, installed, operated and maintained to meet all Quality & Safety standards applicable to the operation
- Degree Level Education preferably in process/chemical, automation, electronics or other related engineering discipline
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a manufacturing environment with experience of biochemical processing unit operations
- Knowledge of GAMP, GMP Volume 4 Annex11 and 21 CFR 11; and understanding of cGMP and GEP
- Demonstrated experience with control and automation systems specification, programming and optimization (ideally S7/PCS7)
- Experience in SCADA application software development
- Knowledge of Automation IT based networks - Ethernet, Profibus, Fieldbus and Modbus
- Hands on knowledge of programming & software with an ability to understand Mechanical & Electrical systems within manufacturing applications
If you believe you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for the role please apply now or call Joseph Tiffin on 0161 868 2214 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.