HSE ManagerLancashire base with UK travel£30,000 £40,000 dependant on current career levelSRG is working with an international organisation specialising in the development and marketing of...
Lead QC Chemist
£28,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a multinational company who specialise in producing and supplying speciality chemical products to a range of industries. They are currently undergoing a significant site expansion as the company moves into an exciting new phase of growth and are now looking to hire a Lead QC Chemist to join their Quality Control laboratory. The role will offer the successful individual the chance to apply expertise and drive change in an established business with a clear strategic direction.
This position would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong experience in quality control analysis and the ability to implement positive changes.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Providing qualitative and quantitative analysis of raw materials, finished products and in process materials using a range of analytical techniques
- Developing new qualitative and quantitative testing methods including HPLC, GC, GC-MS & LC-MS methods.
- Providing the manufacturing and production plant with technical analytical services and support
- Evaluation and testing of new and alternative raw materials.
- Liaising with production staff to prevent and solve production problems and to facilitate ongoing and continuous improvement of products and processes
- Liaising with the R&D department to assist with and support product development and process improvements.
- Leading and driving the changes required as a result of site expansion, with emphasis on chemistry, analysis and Health & Safety
- Drawing on expertise and experience to mentor and support junior staff in implementing cultural change in the lab
- Authorising extensions to product shelf life after re-testing.
- Investigating and actioning non-conforming goods/products.
- Completing internal audits to ensure compliance with internal company procedures, management systems and legal compliance.
- Ensuring that appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and legal compliance are adhered to and maintained
This opportunity is key to the continued success of the business and the ideal candidate should be motivated and adaptable, with an open mind and the ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry, Analytical Science or other relevant scientific discipline
- Proven experience in the quality control of speciality chemicals / coatings / inks / emulsions / paints / household products / personal care products / adhesives or similar products
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with HPLC and GC, as a minimum
- Any experience with GC-MS or LC-MS would also be advantageous
In return, the company are offering a competitive salary, 28 days holiday inc. banks, an excellent pension scheme and private healthcare.
If you meet these criteria and are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, give Faye a call on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.