Marketing & Technical Specialist Glasgow PermanentDo you have a background in science with experience working in a commercial or marketing role?Are you looking for a...
Technical Services - Assay Development Scientist - Glasgow
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry?
Can you perform well independently and as a team player in a fast paced environment?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.On behalf of our client SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing company by working effectively to deliver targets while upholding standards.
An opportunity has arisen for a Scientist to join the Technical Services Team, which leads the Bioanalytical Research and Development (R&D) efforts of our client. Reporting to the Senior Scientist within the team, the Scientist will be responsible for the inception and development of novel cell-based bioassay and ELISA methods, troubleshooting existing procedures, preparation of project management tools and marketing of recently developed assays.
In return our client will offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a well-established, rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to:
- Working as an integral part of the Technical Services and R&D team to research, develop, optimise and qualify assays to characterise and understand the key activities of monoclonal antibody (and monoclonal antibody-like) drug molecules.
- Access to state of the art equipment and assessment of new technologies.
- Upholding the highest levels of scientific integrity and technical accuracy from the inception of new methods through to successful project completion.
- Demonstrating project management skills by completing projects on time and in budget.
- Responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to your own work.
- Supporting other members of the R&D team to achieve their objectives.
- Overseeing the internal technical transfer of developed assays and associated study management tools to the Operations department and providing internal training for new methods.
- Generating marketing collateral for commercialisation purposes.
- Nurturing strong line management relationships to direct reports (where applicable) to strengthen and develop the team, allowing everyone to reach their potential.
- Having the opportunity to increase efficiency by confidently challenging existing systems and processes with ideas for improvement.
- Participation in external conferences/meetings/visits to showcase capabilities; returning with ideas for applying innovative technologies, methods and concepts to our assay development.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our Company:Experience/Qualifications
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, or comparable experience post-undergraduate degree, in a similar Research and Development environment
- Substantial experience in the development, performance and trouble-shooting of multiple methodologies; for example ELISA, bioassays, proliferation/migration assays, antibody dependent cell cytotoxicity (ADCC) assays, primary cell culture and flow cytometry.
- A thorough understanding of applicable EU and US regulations, and GxP working practises
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assess and minimise their potential risks and an aptitude for prioritisation.
- An appropriate level of technical insight, experience and credibility to represent the company in a Scientist role externally, and to drive projects internally to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area.
- Positive attitude to scientific challenges and application of significant rigor to your own work.
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extremely competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in addition to data analysis or statistical software packages
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.