Marketing & Technical Specialist Glasgow PermanentDo you have a background in science with experience working in a commercial or marketing role?Are you looking for a...
Senior Scientist/Team Leader (Biacore - SPR) - GlasgowAre you an outstanding Senior Scientist/Team Leader with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to manage a team of highly talented scientists, challenge our team and make a difference.
The Biacore team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department and is supported by an Operations Support team.
- Assist the Head of Department in all aspects of managing and running the Biacore team, including personnel, budgets, revenue and quality
- Ensure client projects are completed on time and within budget
- Develop key relationships with internal and external clients
- Provide expert technical support internally and externally
- Challenge and improve our existing systems and processes.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company:
- A Degree/Masters/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or comparable experience
- Experience in managing multiple client studies is desirable
- Experience in SPR assays is preferred, particularly Biacore systems - other experience in protein-protein interactions and protein structure will also be considered
- Experience in mAb structure and function is desirable
- Experience in working within a GMP-compliant environment would be beneficial
- An appropriate level of technical insight and credibility to represent the company in a Senior Scientist role and drive projects to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally, both verbally and written.
- Planning - self organising with ability to manage multiple competing study activities across a broad timeline.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel each with multiple dependencies and conflicting pressure.
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
- A competitive salary
- A generous benefits package
- Full on-the-job training
- Significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
Some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.