Production SpecialistWest MidlandsGreat opportunity to join a thriving organisation and make a difference!A creative and challenging role is being offered within the Production Control department. The post holder will be responsible for the design of new validation and improvement of existing products and processes within manufacturing. The successful candidate will take responsibility for development of one or more methods, with projects typically varying in complexity. The post holder will be expected to work with many departments throughout the company During each project the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of process including but not limited to the following:
- Carrying out feasibility studies, designing experiments and analyser protocols.
- To critically assess raw materials and generate raw material specifications including Quality Control limits for all new assay components.
- To assess new materials and equipment where necessary and give feedback on suitability for use.
- To carry out full process and equipment validation in these instances.
- To develop specialist experience and knowledge with respect to immunoassays and so contribute to the specification and design of future products.
- To carry out design changes to existing products or processes when required and assist in the investigation of complaints if necessary.
- To critically evaluate analytical methods and equipment to maintain highest possible standards.
- To develop/contribute to new techniques/scientific understanding to improve upon existing and future products.
- To represent the Company on scientific seminars/conferences if required.
- Dependent on experience you may be asked to line manage other scientists.Essential requirements:
- A Relevant Biological Sciences or chemistry discipline degree (or equivalent).
- Experience of laboratory work, e.g. Final year project or previous work experience.
- Good knowledge of immunology and immunodiagnostics
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience or knowledge of operating automated analysers.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to organise own workload.
- To be flexible to the needs of the business.
- To be helpful, to have courteous attitude to staff all levels.
- The ability to follow set policies and procedures.
- To be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Experience of method validation and GMP
- Experience of Data management and statistics.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.