Marketing Executive Glasgow PermanentAre you a Marketing Executive with industry experience?Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?Can you work well independently on your...
BioAnalytical (Biacore) - Scientist - Permanent - Glasgow
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry?
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?
Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing department and can work effectively to deliver targets, manage by example and drive standards.
The Biacore team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department. The team is headed by a Senior Scientist who oversees seven Scientists, seven Analysts and a Technician. The department is supported by an Operations Support team.
Due to the growth of the business SRG are looking for a Scientist to strengthen our client's Biacore team. Reporting to the Senior Scientist, this position will be responsible for overseeing a variety of client studies, troubleshooting assays, assay validation and/or routine sample testing within the Biacore team.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to achieving
- Working closely with the Senior Scientist to deliver the Biacore team targets, including revenue, quality standards and client timelines. The job holder will take accountability for the studies that they manage and become an integral part of the team.
- Supporting the Senior Scientist to meet key deliverables. Examples include (but are not limited to), client project reporting, financial accountability, design and implementation of assay trending, contract discussions internally and externally.
- You will be responsible for the scientific and technical accuracy of the labwork performed in your studies and the reported results.
- Delivering effective study management by responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to their own work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Be the first point of contact for all internal/external studies managed by you and answer queries regarding study related issues.
- Developing and maintaining effective communications and working relationships with existing (and potentially subsequent) internal and external clients.
- Regularly reviews (and reports to Senior Scientist) project risks, and liaises with risk owners in order to mitigate arising risks, as required.
- Developing strong line management relationships to direct reports (where applicable)
- Confidently challenge existing systems & processes
- Exhibiting a thorough understanding of applicable EU and US GMP or GLP regulations
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the CompanyExperience/Qualifications
- A Degree/Masters/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or comparable experience
- Experience in managing multiple client studies is desirable
- Experience in SPR assays is essential, particularly Biacore systems
- Experienced in working within a GMP-compliant environment
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and procedure
- An appropriate level of technical insight and credibility to represent the company in a Scientist role and drive projects to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally, both verbally and written.
- Planning - self organising with ability to manage multiple competing study activities across a broad timeline.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel each with multiple dependencies and conflicting pressure.
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.