I am recruiting for a Retailer Technical Compliance Manager to be based at Ashby-de-la-Zouch with a Global Food Manufacturing company.The role holder will provide support...
Transgenic Animal Technician (Entry Level role)
£15,000 per annum
Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5329 email@example.com
My client provides essential products and research services for universities, governments, and other research organizations. They are committed to helping customers realize the full potential of their products and research which contribute to enhancing the lives of people and animals as well as protecting the environment.
Performs the daily care of research animals for experimental purposes, which may include cleaning cages and racks. Coordinates with vendors and supervisors on operational, administrative and technical responsibilities. May perform some surgery and post-operative care as directed. Responsible for overseeing procurement of animals and supplies, preventive maintenance of facility equipment, daily rounds and observations to check animal health status. Follows standard operating procedures and maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements. Normally requires GCSE's or equivalent and a minimum of 0-2 years related experience. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Cleaning and maintaining the equipment in animal rooms as directed.
- Completion of breeding record cards and other recording forms as may be required.
- Weaning, sexing and re-caging of animals.
- Checking stock cages, counting and allocating of stock as directed.
- Checking breeding cages, identifying pregnant animals and recording new litters as directed.
- Correct use of sterilization procedures to maintain isolator status.
- Providing weekend/Bank Holiday cover as requested/directed.
- Following all instructions and procedures for the operation of isolators.
- Carrying out any other tasks or duties as may be required by senior management from time to time.
A Transgenic Technician is expected to be reliable. The position involves working in small groups, therefore an ability to work as part of a team, often in close contact with others. Transgenic Technicians must show a humane approach to the animals in their care.
- You will have at least a diploma or HND in an animal science subject. An animal based degree with lab work would be an advantage. Or potentially a science grad looking to get into this industry
- You will have some practical animal handling experience, either from your studies or from work experience.
- You will be a good communicator, work well in small teams and have good numerical ability
If this sounds like you, give me a call.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.