Recruitment Consultant Talent Acquisition team Role SRG is the UK's leading specialist, scientific recruiter. Based in Salford Quays, our Talent Acquisition team continues...
£25,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a multinational company who specialise in producing and supplying specialist chemical products to a range of industries. As a result of significant growth and expansion, the company are now looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their facility in Cheshire, supporting the Technical Service and Product Development departments. The role will offer the successful individual the chance to work in an established business with a global network.
This position would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong experience in analytical chemistry.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Performing routine technical service product analysis in various substrate samples
- Carrying out various assays and analysis, predominantly using HPLC, GC-MS and LC-MS
- Analysing unknown samples for identification purposes
- Troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC and GC-MS instrumentation
- Investigating queries and problem solving for other analysts/HPLC users
- Managing multiple projects and keeping record and the database up to date
- Undertaking new product reviews
- Developing new and existing test methods and protocols
- Testing raw materials, preparing samples and processing waste
- Performing laboratory housekeeping procedures to maintain a safe, clean and workable environment
- Calibrating and maintaining records for laboratory equipment
- Ensuring that all work adheres to health, safety, quality and environmental procedures
This opportunity is key to the continued success of the business and the ideal candidate should be motivated and adaptable, with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact on a commercial level with customers and clients.
- Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science or other relevant scientific discipline
- Proven experience in instrumental chemical analysis, specifically HPLC, GC-MS and LC-MS
- Previous experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
*An understanding of product development would be advantageous but is not essential
In return, the company are offering a competitive salary, 28 days holiday inc. banks, an excellent pension scheme and private healthcare.
If you meet these criteria and are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV .
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.