Job Title: Quality Assurance OfficerVacancy type: PermanentSalary: circa £34000 per annumLocation: North West Are you a Quality Assurance officer looking to work with a leading...
Job Title: Microbiology Technical Specialist
Vacancy type: 9-12 month maternity cover
Salary: circa £33000 per annum depending on experience
Location: North West
Are you a Microbiology Technical Specialist looking to work with a global Biopharmaceutical organisation?
My client is a global Biopharmaceutical Organisation with an opportunity within their Analytical Sciences team. The Technical Specialist will report to the Senior Manager and be responsible for providing expert scientific and technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
The responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the department and site by formally evaluating microbiological data, change control evaluations, technical data and contamination control.
- Ensuring the effective communication of the output of these work streams to the microbiology team, manufacturing operations and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Providing expert technical input to preparation of risk assessments, system/process Improvements and investigations providing support in determining root cause.
- Providing technical input and support to ensure that appropriate disinfectants/cleaning regimes used on site and qualified for use in the facility.
- Providing support in the resolution of microbiological issues involving relevant stakeholders. Demonstrate creative problem solving within cGMP constraints where appropriate and align with best practice
- Acting as a mentor for the review of investigational data in terms of investigational strategy and technical writing ensuring robust deviation and CAPA solutions.
The successful Microbiology Scientist will have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent preferably in Microbiology/Biology along with experience and working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) in a microbiological laboratory along with pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical standards and regulations.
Experience of microbiological analysis of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical products including LAL/Endotoxin testing (Chromogenic method), Identification to Gram Stain level, TVC testing, Bioburden testing, viability and purity testing and Environmental Monitoring is essential along with experience of quality systems within a GMP facility such as CAPAs, Out of Specifications, Deviations, Change Control Requests.
If you are a Microbiology Scientist looking for your next challenge, please apply online or send your CV directly to Behruz Sheikh on . If you have any questions, please contact Behruz Sheikh directly on 0161 868 2202.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.