Junior Field Service Engineer - Analytical Chemistry Instrumentation
Permanent Contract - Berkshire
£22,000 - £25,000 + Company Car + Bonus + Benefits
Do you have previous experience using HPLC, dissolution testing or GC within the pharmaceutical industry?
Are you interested in a field based role utilising your analytical skills but not for routine analysis?
My client are a leading provider of analytical instrumentation and calibration/maintenance services. They are looking to hire an Analytical Chemist or Quality Control Analyst / QC Analyst to develop their skills in a field based role. This is a great opportunity for an experienced analyst to move into a more commercial and people focused role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- On-site maintenance, calibration and qualification of instrumentation using mechanical testing as well as pharmaceutical product testing using analytical chemistry methods
- Working with key clients to carry out project work and support sales staff during demonstrations of equipment at customer sites
- Provide maintenance and validation services at client sites
- Carry out instrument troubleshooting and repair for clients
- Assist in preparing and carrying out company run training courses both in house and at client sites
- Maintain regular contact with major Service Contract clients and prepare material for client meetings.
- Educated to degree level in chemistry (or similar) or have equivalent working experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory.
- Working in a GxP, UKAS or ISO compliant analytical laboratory (ideally pharmaceutical companies, others will be considered)
- A full, clean, valid driving license is a MUST
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office and Adobe)
- Working knowledge of instruments such as HPLC, GC, dissolution, UV spectroscopy & Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC).
- Willing to travel in the UK and stay overnight.
As you will be required to travel to client sites in the UK, a driving licence is essential. In return you will be given a company car, mobile phone, laptop and also Private Medical Cover.
You will spend 1 day a week in the office so must be commutable from the Berkshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire areas.
Key Words "Analytical Chemistry, Field Based, Service Engineer, Chemist, QC, Quality Control, Instrumentation, UKAS, GMP, GLP,HPLC, GC, dissolution, UV spectroscopy & Thin Layer Chromatography, TLC, Swindon, Bristol, Reading, Basingstoke, Slough, Oxford, Southampton, Salisbury".
If interested, please apply online, call on 02030964706 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.