Technical Product Chemist PermanentWest Lancashire£28,000 £32,000 (dependent on experience)SRG is working with a well-established, market-leading company specialising in the manufacture of hydroponic systems. As a...
Colour Product Leader
Circa £30,000 (dependent on experience)
Established for almost 80 years and now at the forefront of innovation in their field, this company's products are used in a wide variety of items from household objects to automotive components. As one of the largest custom colour concentrate manufacturers in the world, they are looking to add new team members to their busy laboratory and as such have an immediate vacancy for a Colour Product Leader to join the lab. The ideal person will have a strong background in and knowledge of colour, masterbatch/plastics/injection moulded products, and will have previously led projects and engaged with customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and delivering on multiple projects across a wide range of products, including plastics, injection moulded polymers and textiles
- Developing, designing and maintaining product designs and testing procedures
- Ensuring best coordination of the technician team resources to meet project demands
- Actively coaching and developing technicians
- Interacting with customers to ensure design conformance and to develop product specifications
- Verifying product designs
- Monitoring and maintaining high quality product design for customers through:
- Project coordination
- Clarification of requirements
- Effective use of pigments and additives to current technology
- Creating new designs
- Ensure costs are monitored
- Providing general technical service across all departments
- Attending customer site visits and running manufacturing trials
- Participating in global conference calls and working with leaders across other sites to achieve common goals
This new opportunity is fundamental to the continued success of the business and the ideal candidate should have excellent leadership skills, alongside the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with Microsoft Office applications is vital.
- Proven technical experience of colour matching and product development in the masterbatch polymer/plastics industry
- Science-based qualification - ONC/HND/BSc
- Any experience of injection moulding would be advantageous.
Total working hours 40 per week - flexible Monday - Friday, 25 days holiday, pension scheme that grows with service, annual bonus.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, you can give Faye a call on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.