Quality Control SupervisorWest MidlandsDo you have QC supervisory experience from working in a science based environment?We have a great opportunity with a well established medical devises/biotech company with great commuter links in the West Midlands.
- Responsible for organising the following Quality Control tasks
- Line management of Technicians, completing one to one meetings and development reviews. Management of their workload.
- Responsible for ensuring Lab use and Historical components are returned to the department, are passed to the appropriate member of staff for storage and that the correct availability controls are applied in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that delays which may affect the final delivery of product are communicated to the QC Manager in a timely manner.
- To review upcoming released orders, communicate with production planning where operations cannot be complete due to material availability.
- To review QC processes within their remit and (with support from their line manager) ensure that processes are fit for purpose.
- Provide support and assist with the QC of other products as required
- Assisting with the team electronic archiving, checking record quality and ensuring all production documentation is retrievable from the document management system.
- To resolve and trouble shoot (with support from their line manager) problems encountered during QC.
- Responsible for supplying completion dates for IFS operations within their remit to the QC manager and the production planning team - ensuring that changes in completion date are communicated effectively and that operation dates are up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring that all processes/operations within their remit are performed to the required standards and for ensuring that products released to the next stage of QC are within specification, or have the appropriate concession sign offs.
- Calibrator and Control Assignments, Calibrator and Control Assignment Checks.
Skills and Experience required:
- A relevant Scientific degree (or equivalent).
- Previous laboratory experience and supervisory experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to set up Excel spreadsheet formulae and graphs/charts.
- Experience of working in a team and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of working to set deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To have a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role please apply online or call 0121 222 5333
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.