Lab Technician£15750 £17000Permanant GloucestershireThe position involves the analysis of samples in the chromatography laboratory and all associated activities. In general this will involve analysis by...
Our client offers a wide range of training courses, seminars and conferences to the food, drink and allied industries, held both at Chipping Campden (in purpose built training rooms), at clients' sites both in the UK and overseas and as part of events/exhibitions organised by partner organisations.
They take part in a range of events including exhibitions at various locations and has developed relationships with a number of conference/exhibitions organisers.The Events Development Manager, based at the Chipping Campden site, works closely with a wide range of technical expert colleagues, the marketing team and the team of Training/Event Administrators to make things happen.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maximise delegate attendance to events
- Collaborate with staff across the organisation to generate new events which need substantial assistance to start-up and set-up. Review and recommend opportunities
- First stage production of in-house seminars/conferences (typically 25 a year)
- Develop and maintain relationship with key organisations including trade associations and regional food groups
- Lead and recommend promotion at exhibitions, trade shows and other events where they may have speakers and the opportunity to display or promote services etc.
- Review, recommend and seize opportunities to run events outside the UK with reputable partners
- Organise events to promote services across the organisation
- Optimise promotional activities and explore cross-promotion opportunities
- Lead specialist on conference and event organisation
- Responsibility for defining requirements for corporate display equipment for use at exhibitions and conferences
- Prepared to work weekends and excess hours as required by the project or event
- Prepared and able to work overseas
- Physically fit in order to set up exhibitions and carry out contract work
- Relevant Degree and/or equivalent experience in conference & exhibition organisation and business development
- High level of self confidence
- Self starter and able to take responsibility for making decisions with minimal supervision
- Recognise opportunities to promote the business and act upon them in liaison with colleagues
- Professional approach to all projects
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Keeping to budgets, deadlines and targets
- Develop and maintain professional and friendly relationship with clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage a variety of different projects both in the UK and overseas at any one time
- Ability to network at all levels and represent the company professionally
- Member of a professional organisation such as the Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) or CIM.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.