Study Investigator Gloucestershire Full time 9-5pm Monday Friday (37.5 hours per week) with some occasional weekend work dependant on study requirements. It...
Senior Investigator/Department Manager
Full time 9-5pm Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week) with some occasional weekend work dependant on study requirements. It is envisaged that the role may require additional input at key times.
Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5329
£38,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience)
- Benefits package
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Flexible working hours (which may include the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave)
- Free on-site parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional Development Plan [PDP] including employer contribution to CPD.
- Study and publication support
- Relocation pacakage available for the right candidate
- Onsite kitchen facilities and standard beverages freely available
My client are a well-known, growing UK-based Contract Research Organisation within the global Animal Health Industry delivering research & development on veterinary medicinal and feed additive products. They count many of the top 10 global animal health companies amongst their clients and they also work closely with universities and the general public.
Senior Investigator/Department Manager: This role will involve the candidate to both project manage and conduct research studies. To also work closely with and co-ordinate relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s) and associated work packages. To directly manage the Investigator team, and oversee health and safety and risk management of studies.
The candidate will need to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project they are working on. They will be required to work closely with upper management, as well as other departments for support, to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
Project Managing Job Duties:
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Competent in required project methodology.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Getting stuck in
- Vet (HO Licence ideally)
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders; reviews progress; anticipates and reacts to change.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external teams
- Relevant Bachelors degree (veterinary, science or agricultural), preferably with post-graduate qualifications
- Proven project management qualifications and skills in similar industry (this is paramount)
- In depth understanding of clinical trials
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Established track record in line managing teams of people (priorty competency)
- Excellent observational , organisational and record keeping skills
- Excellent scientific report writing skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekend work when required
- Knowledge and experience of the Home Office regulatory environment
- Experience of the GLP/GCPv environment
- Clean driver's licence plus own transport (essential)
Desired Skill Set:
Skills: Active Listening, Coaching, Decision Making, Interpersonal Communication, Judgement, Management of Financial Resources, Monitoring, Persuasion, Resource Management, Time Management, Vision, Flexibility, Adaptability
- Work experience within a Contract Research Organisation [CRO]
- Experience in conducting animal science studies / with animal parasitology
- Home Office Personal Licence Holder
- Qualified veterinary surgeon with a qualification recognised in the UK
If this sounds like you, then please contact me to discuss an application.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.