As a Research Scientist in the Research and Technology Development Department you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create novel molecular biology...
Assistant Scientist/Scientist (6 month FTC)
Do you have experience in Mammalian Cell Culture, and areas of Biochemistry and looking for an opportunity to join a leading research group working within Autoimmune Disease?
My client is a leading research group working and are currently looking for either an Assistant Scientist or Scientist to work on research into gene targeting within autoimmune disease.
Working on a 6 - 7 month Fixed Term Contract, the role holder will work hands on in the area of Cell Line Development and Protein Biochemistry, and depending on outcome of the research may become a co-author on a key research paper.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Scientist/Scientist role will be:
* Provide scientific support in validating a potential new target gene in autoimmune diseases.
* Day to day hands on scientific study support
o Mammalian Cell Culture
o Nucleic acid extraction
* Antibody validation and Protein identification:
o Protein Biochemistry (Western Blot, Immunostaining, Protein Immunoprecipitation)
* Accurate recording of scientific outcomes.
To be considered for the Assistant Scientist/Scientist role you will have:
* BSc, MSc, PhD (or equivalents) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry.
* Strong experience in mammalian cell culture
* Various protein biochemistry techniques
o Gel Electrophoresis, Western Blotting, Immunoprecipitation
* DNA/RNA Extraction
* Experience in Cell/Tissue staining
* Experience in Confocal Microscopy
This is an immediate requirement in the Cambridgeshire area and as such candidates must be based in the local area and available at relatively short notice. (Candidates open to relocation will be considered but must be able to start from the start of May)
Candidates are encouraged to apply quickly if interested! Candidates will be required to start in this role quickly.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on or 01223 394237.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.