Scientist Assay Development (12 Month FTC)Do you hold some industry experience working in Biological Assay Development? Do you have additional skills in Immunology based techniques...
Scientist, Compound Management
Do you hold experience within the Pharmaceutical industry within Compound Management or Compound Logistics? Are you looking to join a leader with therapeutic development, working to support the screening team within Compound Management activities?
My Cambridgeshire based client is a leader within Drug Discovery and commercialisation. As my client advances work within drug discovery, they now seek a Scientist in Compound Management or Compound Logistics to support the screening team.
The Scientist, Compound Management, will be responsible for utilising various automated platforms to deliver compound logistics to support multiple internal customer groups.
The main responsibilities of the Scientist, Compound Management role will include:
* Automated sample and compound management and sample preparation
o Handling of stock compounds
o Picking of compounds
o Automated sample preparation; assay plate preparation.
* Writing of automated protocols on various liquid handling platforms, and maintenance of platforms.
* Management of compound library stocks
o Management of compound storage
o Stock monitoring and ordering of compounds from suppliers.
* Assessment of compound degradation and related storage conditions.
This role is available at different levels and the role will be dependent upon specific candidate experience.
To be considered for the Compound Management opportunity candidates must have:
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific subject
* Industry based experience in a compound management role
* High level of knowledge in the use of automated liquid handling platforms; preparation of assay plates.
* Understanding of compound screening and drug discovery processes
* Ability to deliver to tight customer deadlines
The scope of this role will be very much dependent upon experience level, candidates will have strong experience in automated platforms and compound management or compound logistics.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 394237 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.