Product Development Scientists Formulation & DevicePermanent & 12 month FTC vacanciesBased in Southampton, UKSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a marketing leading, multi-national FMCG...
SRG are looking for a design engineer for an FMCG client who are well reknowned internationally. This cleint is based in Hampshire and salary on offer is circa £45,000 per annum with excellent benefits such as private health care for spouse/children.Job purpose and key deliverables
- To be accountable for leading the detailed design and definition of the unique Consumer (and Manufacturing) product features arising from the portfolio of "New to World" innovation projects.
- To drive the effective understanding of the product features through application of "Best Practice" product, materials and process design/development and assessment methodologies/processes.
- To liaise and co-ordinate with multifunctional "Deployment" project teams and the Quality function ensuring the output of the design and development activity is effectively translated into product specifications and Quality plans.
Main accountabilities of this role include:
Operational/ Professional/ Business
- To apply technical knowledge and apply 'Best Practice' approach in the design and development of new products and the definition of unique consumer and manufacturing relevant features.
- To lead and establish a 'best practice' approach for the definition and execution of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- To design and validate new measurement and evaluation methodologies, including processes and equipment, to objectively assess and define new innovative product features.
- To initiate and lead the development of consumer research required to establish the correlation of consumer experience vs the new product features and performance.
- To provide subject matter expertise to the Global and Regional quality teams to ensuring the output of the design and development process is effectively incorporated into the quality protocols and Quality Plans.
- To provide subject matter expertise to the "Deployment" project teams, ensuring the effective knowledge transfer of key learnings and insights from the Design and Development activities.
- To initiate and lead supplier relationships required to design and develop appropriate measurement and evaluation equipment and processes.
- To support the delivery of the innovation cycle plan on time and in full.
- Directly Relevant Professional /Academic achievement equivalent to 1st Degree in a technical (preferably Engineering) subject.
- Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, and strategic relevance.
- Clear demonstrable evidence of Statistical design and evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of measurement/metrology methodologies.
- Clear evidence in successfully working with suppliers to develop and deliver against challenging objectives and timelines.
- Very strong industry experience to have and to be able to demonstrate that experience.
- Maintains active awareness and understanding of technical developments.
- Excellent Communication / leadership skills.
- Project management experience and ability to drive timelines and objectives.
If you feel like you have the right experience please send your up to date Cv or call me on 0161 868 22 33. You can also apply to this advert.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.