Senior Development ChemistPermanentCheshire£30,000 to £38,000 (dependent on experience)My client is a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals including surfactants, surface coatings and emulsions for a range...
Laboratory Technician Permanent
£18,000 per annum
SRG is working with an independent company who specialise in the analysis of petrochemicals, catering to a huge range of industries. As a result of their continued success, the company are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their facility in South Yorkshire. The role will offer the successful individual an exciting opportunity in a thriving business with good progression prospects.
This position would be ideal for a Chemistry graduate with an aptitude for chemical analysis, or perhaps some analytical experience in a working laboratory.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Conducting instrumental analysis on liquid samples received from clients, including Karl Fischer, FTIR, flash-point testing and ICP-OES.
- Coordinating the daily throughput and processing of samples
- Ordering reagents for laboratory
- Liaising with and assisting clients with technical issues
- Taking orders by email/phone and communicating these to the distribution department sample kit dispatch
- Liaising with the administration department with regard to orders, invoicing, etc.
- Monitoring and ensuring staff maintain equipment calibration and other routine records
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager and deputising in their absence
- Collating data to produce and send reports from the LIMS system to clients.
- Logging and registering samples into the LIMS system.
This opportunity is key to the continued growth and success of the business and the ideal candidate should be motivated and pro-active, with excellent organisation skills, the drive to lead a team and the confidence to liaise with clients.
- Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science or other relevant scientific discipline
- Strong wet chemistry skills and practical experience of instrumental analysis
- Any specific experience in the oil, fluid or lubricant testing would be advantageous but not essential.
In return, the company are offering 34 days holiday inc. banks, an excellent pension scheme and flexible working hours. It is envisioned that this role will ultimately progress into a senior position.
If you meet these criteria and are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, you can contact Faye on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.