Senior Product Development Scientist
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 + Bonus
Do you have experience of developing new beverages?
Would you like to work for a global organisation with an exciting product portfolio?
Working in a key NPD role, within the R&D department, reporting directly to the Senior NPD Manager, the Senior Development Scientist will be responsible for New Product Development (NPD), product re-engineering projects and other development projects across company brands. The product developers ensure continuous improvement and knowledge dissemination throughout the R&D Teams. You will behave as senior leader within the company helping NPD Managers, Technical Managers, others cross functionally, taking ownership of issues and implementing solutions.
The role has 1 direct report, so this is a supervisory position. There is flexibility in this as well, for potentially more reports, or to have none, for those who were more interested in project leadership rather than people.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include;
- Technical lead of product development, proactively coordinating with Project Leaders (brief/concept definition) and ensure knowledge dissemination throughout the NPD team, Tech. Centre and Business Unit's
- Provide technical expertise through delivery of new formulations (including compounds, emulsions, flavours, powder blends and colours) and technical support from formulation to industrialization
- Responsible for the delivery of formulations, specifications and manufacturing instructions to be implemented in concentrates and bottling plants.
- Coordinates stability test in collaboration with other technical functions (Sensory, Technical Support).
- Proficient in operating laboratory equipment related to intermediate & finished product development.
- Writes/reviews procedures, instructions and guidelines relevant to the NPD process and equipment
- Responsible for addressing any issues and concerns related product /pack interactions.
- Provide effective Scientific & Technical support (products, ingredients, brands technology)
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree min in a food-related science field (Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Agricultural Engineering), or have equivalent working experience in a related role.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple & complex projects.
- Extensive experience working within beverages product development
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a small team and external partners
- Excellent Communication skills
Key Skills "NPD, New Product Development, Product Developer, Food Science, Flavours, Industrialisation, beverage, drinks, new, development technologist, sensory, development scientist"
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.