Junior Service EngineerWe are keenly seeking a skilled field service engineer to perform installation, servicing and maintenance of automated, complicated packaging and process machinery. This...
Field Service Engineer - Cambridgeshire/Northamptonshire/East Anglia etc.
Working for a leading manufacturer of specialist wrapping/packaging equipment, this is a Field Service positions working from a home office in the Cambridgeshire/Northamptonshire/East Anglia regions. You would potentially travel further afield but will be joining a team stations to cover the whole of the UK. Your role will focus on installation, commissioning and of course standard maintenance/breakdown cover of the companies equipment, as well as related and connected equipment on site where required.
Along with this you will:
- Train customers in the use and care of equipment
- Support workshop teams with commissioning equipment prior to delivery as well as repairing old machines
- Work independently and unsupervised frequently, so will be required to seek necessary information and be a strong problem solver
- Represent the company professionally with a high quality of customer service
- Promote after-market activities and up-sell services to increase value
This role is most suitable for an electrical/electronic engineer but experienced mechanical engineers who have sufficient knowledge of the below may also be considered:
- Packaging machinery, preferably within an FMCG site
- PLC/servo drive experience, ideally supported by some software programming skills
- Mechanical drawings and fitting, pneumatics and other all-round engineering skill
As a field service role, this position is typically 40 hours per week + overtime. This may include evenings, overnight stays and weekend working so is suitable for someone who is comfortable both with travel and long hours. In return these hours are compensated with a good overtime rate, company car which is available for private use as well as a mobile phone and laptop.
If you're interested in this role please contact me on the below details:0161 868 2237
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.