Title: Physical ChemistLocation: BerkshireSalary: up to £17.00 depending on experienceContract Length: 12 Months. Do you have experience working within an Analytical setting, are you looking...
£21,000 - £23,000 p/a
12 month contract initially
Based in Berkshire
Do you have experience in analytical techniques such as HPLC, FT-IR and UV-VIS to support research projects?
Would you like to work in a state-of-the-art modern laboratory for a large international company?
My client are a leading international chemicals company with a state of the art facility in Berkshire. Working in a key laboratory based role within the Testing and Analysis Department, the Analytical Research Technician role involves the testing of samples, interpretation of results and delivery of timely, efficient and accurate analytical services in support research programmes. The role is varied and will demand the use of a broad range of analytical and characterisation techniques.
Key accountabilities / expectations include:
- Undertaking of laboratory based analysis on analytical insturuments such as HPLC, FT-IR and UV-VIS.
- Use of equipment such as partical sizers and microscopes
- Carry out elemental and separations analysis using a wide range of international standards and local procedures on a variety of samples.
- Managing and prioritising a busy analysis work list in conjunction with internal customers and the needs of the analytical department.
- Analysis of experimental data and generation of fit for purpose reports/presentations to stakeholders.
- Working closely with other analytical teams to deliver an excellent level of safe, high quality service.
- Maintaining and developing intimate working relationships with appropriate internal stakeholders and wider networks to share best practices
- Contributing to continuous improvement in quality and safety
You will need the following skills and experience;
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a relevant scientific discipline (required)
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player (required)
- Strong numeracy and ability to manage and interpret large complex datasets (required)
- Experience in running analytical or characterisation instruments such as HPLC, UV-VIS and FT-IR.
- A familiarity with other physical chemistry measurements in aqueous systems, especially those related to colloid and surface chemistry would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, team working and organisation skills are required.
Key Words "Chemistry, Analytical Chemist, Research Chemist, HPLC, Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Colloid Chemist, UV-VIS, FT-IR, Analysis, Characterisation, Testing, Berkshire, GLP"
Please apply online, call Neil Walton on 02030964706 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.