Project Manager Translational PharmacologyRole Type: PermanentLocation: CambridgeshireSalary: DOEWork Area: Pharmacology, PK/PD, Project LeadDo you have a strong background working within Translational Pharmacology and experience of...
Scientist - Assay Development (12 Month FTC)
Do you hold some industry experience working in Biological Assay Development? Do you have additional skills in Immunology based techniques such as Flow Cytometry, ELISA and Cell Based Assays? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in an Antibody Therapeutic company undergoing continued success?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area works within the field of Protein Therapeutics. As my client continues to grow and experience ongoing success, they are now seeking candidates with experience in Assay Development with additional skills in associated areas of Immunology, Antibody knowledge, and Mammalian Cell Culture.
The main responsibilities of the Research Associate - Assay Development role will be:
* Design and execution of biological assays for antibody characterization.
* Assist in performance of Cell Biology, Immunology and Molecular Biology based techniques.
o T-Cell Culture
o Assays: Lymphocyte activation, Cytotoxicity Assays
o Flow Cytometry, Western Blott, Mammalian Cell Transfection, ELISA
* Preparation of blood samples and isolating PBMC's.
To be considered for the role of Scientist - Assay Development candidates must hold the following experience:
* A Bachelors, Masters or PhD (or equivalents) in a relevant biological discipline.
* Experience in different assay types
o Cell Activation assays
o Immuno-assays, Flow Cytometry, ELISA
o PK Assays
* A knowledge of Immunology and Cell Biology
* Mammalian Cell Culture
* Analysis and Purification of primary cells
* Molecular Biology skills (such as DNA manipulation, cloning)
Candidates will be at a further advantage with the following desired skills/experience:
* Knowledge of antibody therapeutics, antibody generation, or antibody discovery.
* Knowledge or experience in antibody engineering and/or related techniques.
* Immunoassay experience (T Cell Culture, isolation and stimulation of lymphocyte populations).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful company. The company are well established and undergoing ongoing expansion.This role is available at different levels so candidates above this, or just under are still encouraged to apply.
My client can offer a competitive salary with additional benefits for this opportunity.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 235203.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.