We are looking for a graduate with experience in microscopes, good report writing skills, time management and interpersonal skills.The team carry out a wide range...
The role will report directly to the Rheology and Texture section manager while there currently are no direct reports but it will be expected that future growth will require staff to be recruited that report into the role. A requirement will be to interact with clients, both internal and external, to generate project proposals, discuss findings and write coherent reports. Presentations to clients will be important for project work, training courses and client meetings. The role will require contact with a broad range of clients (including industry, government and academia), from practical through to senior managerial. Main Duties:
- Manage and undertake work on behalf of clients (45%)
- Write reports for contract and research projects (10%)
- Provide advice to clients (15%)
- Identify new business opportunities (10%)
- Contribute to idea generation for bakery science and research (5%)
- Generate proposals for client work (15%)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Graduate or equivalent, with post graduate experience. A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
- Proven competence of working in a food research or laboratory environment.
- Experience in using instrumental techniques, ideally this would be equipment for bakery analysis, which includes rheometry and texture analysis, RVA and DSC. However, a bias towards using such equipment would be sufficient.
- Experience in data analysis from the above methods and familiarity with statistical analysis techniques required.
- Good communication and organisational skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
- Able to work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Able to write reports of varying length and complexity.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.