Biochemistry Specialist- Applications
My client is an exciting start-up focused on novel technologies for the characterisation of proteins. Their aim is to create faster, cheaper and more accurate assays utilising novel chemistry and fluidics technology.
They are seeking an experienced biochemist to join their biochemistry team, supporting product development through the testing and appraisal of existing and novel biochemical methods.
Role responsibilities include:
- The development of novel applications for the company's microfluidics technology
- performing bench experiments to ascertain feasibility of the translation of standard biochemical techniques to a microfluidic approach
- Work closely with the design and engineering teams for further action and development- Develop and trouble shoot new protocols
- Prepare all supporting application literature for new protocols
- Be the face of the company when introducing new customers to the technology through presentations, exhibitions and conferences.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in chemistry/biochemistry/biophysics (essential)
-Excellent understanding of protein biochemistry and significant laboratory experience in protein characterisation (essential)
-A proven ability to effectively troubleshoot protocols
- Excellent communication skills and work well within small teams
- A strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and be highly self-motivatedIf this sounds like the role for you please do not hesitate to contact Amie Regan on 01223 235 203 or at
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.