Lead QC ChemistPermanentCheshire£28,000 £35,000 (dependent on experience) SRG is working with a multinational company who specialise in producing and supplying speciality chemical products to a...
Senior R&D Chemist
£35,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an independent, family run company specialising in the development and manufacture of personal care products, including cosmetics, skin care and hair care. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking for a Senior R&D Chemist to join the team at their lab in West Yorkshire. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with strong technical experience in the formulation of personal care or household products and a proven background in taking projects from concept to commercial realisation. There are also excellent progression prospects for the right individual.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Managing projects to deliver new or improved personal care products through innovative laboratory formulation and development, with consideration of cost, raw material interactions, quality and time constraints
- Ensuring the smooth transition of products from development stage to market
- Troubleshooting issues arising with formulations at all stages from lab to manufacturing to commercialisation
- Providing technical support to customers for pre-launch and launch of new products
- Overseeing a team of R&D Chemists to provide direction, support and efficient workflow
- Creating education materials and technical support for successful product introductions and continuous improvement of product and process control procedures
- Working closely with manufacturing, production and administration functions to ensure all products fully adhere to specification
- Maintaining regular contact with senior management to provide progress reports and communicate technical issues and updates
- Liaising with external parties, including suppliers, regulatory bodies and customers
- Ensuring adherence to ISO 22716, 9001 and relevant company quality practices
- Maintaining a robust understanding and application of relevant regulatory requirements
This new opportunity is fundamental to the continued success of the business and the ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and organised, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills Commercial awareness and project management skills are also essential.
- Proven technical experience in the formulation and development of personal care, cosmetic, beauty products, household products or similar
- Minimum degree level qualification in Chemistry or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable problem-solving / troubleshooting skills with regard to technical issues
If you are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, give Faye a call on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.