Lead QC ChemistPermanentCheshire£28,000 £35,000 (dependent on experience) SRG is working with a multinational company who specialise in producing and supplying speciality chemical products to a...
£20,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
SRG is working with a leading company specialising in the development and manufacture of food and feed products on a global scale. As a result of their continued success, they now have an opportunity for a QA Technician to join their team on a 12 month, fixed-term contract basis. The role will offer the successful individual the chance to work in an established business with a global network, playing a key part in food safety and compliance.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some experience in the quality assurance of food, confectionary or beverage products to work with an established leader in the food industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of food safety and quality management systems, including pre-requisite programs, HACCP, ISO 22000, GMP, specific dietary standards, hygiene standards and sustainability.
- Auditing, analysing and reporting on the performance of the above systems.
- Establishing and maintaining measures to improve these systems.
- Keeping track of legislative changes affecting regulatory compliance and establishing monitoring schemes.
- Coordinating external laboratory requirements, as well as documentation, communication and corrective action of results if required.
- Supporting production in sampling to ensure quality maintenance in environment and product.
- Ensuring adherence to customer specifications and instigating corrective actions for out-of-spec finished products.
- Coordinating customer communication with regard to certification, complaints and traceability investigations, implementing corrective actions where required.
- Supporting and managing customer audits and site visits.
- Deputising for the team leader, as needed.
This opportunity is key to the continued success of the business and the ideal candidate should be customer-focused, organised and pro-active, with excellent communication and decision-making skills, meticulous attention to detail and a collaborative working style.
- Proven experience in a quality-focused role within food or beverage manufacturing
- Experience and knowledge of food safety systems including ISO/FSSC 22000 and HACCP
- Degree-level qualification in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or related discipline - NVQ, HACCP and degree level qualifications will all be considered
In return the company are offering a competitive salary, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, private healthcare and an attractive pension scheme.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this role, please apply using the link provided or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, you can give Faye a call on 0161 868 2218.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.