Laboratory AssistantDo you hold sound laboratory skills with a focus on ELISA or related techniques? Are you looking for a cross functional role with a...
Laboratory Supervisor (Production)
Do you hold some laboratory or scientific production experience, and ideally some exposure to supervising others? Are you looking for a role where you can step up and supervise others on a formal basis within a Scientific Production area?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area are a successful company undergoing continued growth, working in the field of Diagnostic kit production.
My client is now seeking a candidate to join their Laboratory Production team to supervise staff within the manufacturing team; planning and carrying out the manufacture of reagents and related products.
The main responsibilities of the Laboratory Supervisor (Production) will be:
* Laboratory production of liquid diagnostic reagents from raw materials.
* Coating of ELISA plates with disease extracts.
* Automated coating of slides with extracts
o Operator set up of slide coating equipment
o Operation and monitoring of equipment
* Production of reagents and slides will involve a mixture of manual and automated laboratory techniques.
* Supervise staff within the manufacturing team
o Performance reviews, training, support
* Planning of production schedules and maintenance* Recruit, develop, supervise and train new manufacturing staff members.
To be considered for the Laboratory Supervisor (Production) role you will have:
* Some basic laboratory skills (D)
* Supervisory or near supervisory experience (E)
* Experience in a production environment (E)
* Experience of computerised stock systems (D)
* Strong IT skills (E)
Candidates will be happy with a Laboratory Production role and happy to follow routine procedures. If candidates can show some awareness of any machine operation this would prove useful on top of laboratory awareness. Candidates must be happy to supervise others and offer guidance.
Candidates will be well organised, and able to organise other staff and equipment.
This role is available in two different work areas; both laboratory production and product packing.
If this role is of interest please apply quickly as this is an urgent requirement for my client with interviews being held in the next week.
Apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 235203.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.