Molecular Biologist Senior Research AssistantWest London, PermanentJob Ref Number SC02 The RoleMy client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able scientists and are...
Location: South London
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Do you have an A level or equivalent qualification in chemistry or a related subject?
My client is a growing chemical manufacturing company based in London. They have a range of products in an established market and a strong market presence.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire a laboratory based assistant within their quality assurance department. This role would cover both lab based analysis of products, working with development scientists and working closely with production to ensure the quality of products manufactured.
More specific responsibilities for the lab technician would be;
- Inspecting and testing raw materials and finished goods
- Register, record and investigate non conformances of raw materials and finished goods
- Inspect, test and record goods returned, bought-in products and packaged manufacturing products
- Prepare and issue Test Certificates for products
- Issue batch mixing sheets to production team
- Assist QA Manager on various aspects of QC administration
- Conduct internal audits to ISO9001:2008
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- This role is a critical part of the production laboratory and the environment is fast moving and close knit.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you MUST have the following;
- Knowledge of Chemistry, A level or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience working in the chemical industry
- Knowledge of surface coatings or paints would be an advantage
- Problem solving skills and information analysis is needed
- Ability to work well in a team
Key words " Lab technician, quality control, quality assurance, lab assistant, London, laboratory technician, Laboratory assistant, chemicals, chemistry, A level, HND, HNC, BTEC, NVQ, manufacturing, production"
Please apply online, call Mo Balajo on 0203 096 4714 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.