Graduate Waste Assistant required, based in West Yorkshire. Suitable for a Chemistry or Environmental Science graduate. Title: Graduate Waste AssistantLocation: West YorkshireSalary: £18,000 £19,000...
£26,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a small company specialising in the development of biocidal and antimicrobial technologies for use in industrial, household, health and personal care applications. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking for an experienced Formulation Chemist to join the team at their facility in Cheshire. The role will offer the successful individual a fantastic opportunity in a progressive business, working on cutting-edge technologies.
This role would an excellent opportunity for an individual with a background in the development of personal care or household products, particularly the formulation of these products. who may be looking to take their next step in their career and to work in a leading company with a global presence.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Developing new formulations and/or technologies for a number of markets, including household, personal and healthcare industries
- Working to product specifications and developing technical briefs, identifying those elements which can be practically applied and guarantee product quality
- Designing and conducting tests for product stability and testing of raw materials and finished products
- Providing technical data to support new product claims
- Attending and troubleshooting at production trials
- Developing new test methods to support new claims or demonstrate compliance with regulatory/quality standards
- Working collaboratively with microbiology team and sales/marketing functions
- Documenting records of work to support new patents, demonstrate compliance or support future work
- Creating new procedures which improve productivity, efficiency or safety of R&D work
- Providing insights which can lead to business benefits.
This exciting opportunity is vital to the growth and success of the business and the ideal candidate should be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry or relevant scientific discipline
- Proven, demonstrable experience in the formulation and product development of household, personal care products, cosmetics, detergents or similar
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory considerations
In return, the company are offering a competitive salary, 33 days holiday and a respectable pension scheme.
If you meet these criteria and are interested this position, please apply using the link below or send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, give Faye a call on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.