Graduate Waste Assistant required, based in West Yorkshire. Suitable for a Chemistry or Environmental Science graduate. Title: Graduate Waste AssistantLocation: West YorkshireSalary: £18,000 £19,000...
£37,000 - £39,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading organisation who have a huge presence in the inks, printing and coatings industry. With innovative technology, purpose built laboratories and a massive portfolio of speciality products, they are offering genuine career prospects and a cutting-edge working environment. As a result of their ongoing success, they are now looking to appoint a Senior Development Chemist to join the team at their site in Greater Manchester. This role will primarily involve leading projects in the development / formulation of new and existing products based on solvent-, water-based and UV curable technology. These products will predominantly be for application in digital printing and flexible packaging applications.
- Leading and delivering a range of technical projects in the development and formulation of new printable inks and coatings
- Overseeing innovation projects from concept to launch, adapting to customer needs as necessary
- Supervising ongoing projects within the team and monitoring project progress
- Evaluating and capitalising on opportunities for cost optimisation, alternative raw materials and new technologies.
- Supporting the business in the development and troubleshooting of existing products
- Applying and providing technical expertise to support new and existing development projects and resolve technical problems
- Generating progress reports and reliable scientific data for technical management
This exciting opportunity is key to the continued success of the business and provides opportunity for innovation and management of your own projects, as well as potential for further progression. The ideal candidate should be innovative and organised, with a committed work ethic and excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science or relevant discipline
- Significant and demonstrable experience in the development/formulation of inks, printable coatings, UV curable technology or polymers for use in coatings
- Proven track record in the successful management and delivery of projects
*Any specific experience in the development of product for digital printing would be advantageous.
In return the company are offering an extremely competitive salary, first class laboratory working conditions, flexitime working hours, 33 days holiday and an excellent pension scheme.
If you meet the criteria above and would like to apply for this position, please send a current copy of your CV . Alternatively, please call Faye Allison on 0161 868 2218 to discuss further.
Keywords: ink, inks, coatings, printable, UV, printing, formulation, product development, polymer coatings
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.