Oval have a vacancy for a Junior Device Development Engineer starting Summer 2019 in Cambridge, UK.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a small but growing company at an early stage, develop experience across a wide range of engineering and design activities and gain exposure to the structured process of medical device development.
It is expected that students will take a full and active role in our project teams and will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of our novel drug delivery technologies.
Job Title: Junior Device Development Engineer
Reports to: Senior Device Development Engineer or Device Development Engineer
Location: Unit 23, Cambridge Science Park. Cambridge, CB4 0EY
- Conceptual development of novel drug delivery technologies.
- Detailed design and testing of autoinjector mechanisms
- Development and validation of manufacturing and assembly processes
Overview of Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Concept design, inc. Product/Mechanism Design
- CAD (SolidWorks, ProE, etc.)
- Detail design and engineering
- Development of external product form and internal functional mechanisms
- Math modelling of complex mechanical and fluidic systems
- Tolerance analysis and finite-element analysis (e.g. structural, mould-flow etc.)
- Component design for manufacture, material selection etc.
- Supplier selection and liaison
- Generation and implementation of test plans inc. design of jigs and fixtures etc.
- Generation and communication of reports and presentations
- Plastics/Material Engineering
- Prototyping / Manufacturing
- Build and Testing of Devices
- Problem Solving
- Project Planning
- Clinical involvement
- Supplier Site Visits
- User Trials
- Clinical Trial Observations
Oval are looking for self-motivated, proactive and creative students with a desire to learn and a willingness to take on challenges outside of their comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, energetic and positive nature
- CreativeOpen, honest, inclusive, personable
- Adaptable, resourceful and creative
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrives in an open and less structured environment
- A desire to learn and a willingness to take on challenges
- Able to travel if, and when, required
Experience/Skills Required to Fulfil the Role:
Completion of 2 years of a recognised degree course. This role would be most suited, but not limited
to students on the following courses:
- Mechanical Engineering
- General Engineering
- Product Design
Qualifications Required: As per entry requirements for relevant degree courses.
Role interface with other departments/communication:
- Liaise with all internal functions and personnel.
- Present to appropriate business and technical audiences as necessary.
- Some travel may be necessary as appropriate to project requirements.
Salary: £18,500 p.a.
How to Apply:
Please write a short paragraph (100-200 words max.) answering the following question, and send this along with your CV/Cover Letter to OvalMedical@SRG.co.uk
“How could new drug delivery technologies improve the lives of patients over the next 5, 15 and 30 years?”
Application Deadline: 28th January 2019.
Interviews to be conducted from Mid-February 2019.
If you would like more information in the meantime or would like support with your application then please contact the SRG Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 234768 (office open hours are from 8.30am to 5.30pm)