Sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 24,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Syngenta in the UK
Spanning all of our major activities our UK sites contribute significantly to our vision of delivering better food for a better world through outstanding crop solutions.
Our UK manufacturing and supply facilities play a vital role in the production of Syngenta products destined for many parts of the world. It is not enough to supply the right product at the right time at the right cost; our production experts must also maintain the highest levels of safety and environmental standards to be successful.
Our production and formulation plants range in size from small batch units to large plants manufacturing thousands of tonnes and working around the clock.
Our dedication and commitment to manufacturing excellence provide farming solutions that help Syngenta remain at the forefront of world crop protection technology. While the products we make help protect the world's food supply, we are also environmentally conscious. Health, safety and environment considerations are central to our manufacturing operations and are enthusiastically supported by all our staff. Safety is a way of life, and in many cases our environmental care goes far beyond the requirements of current legislation in order to remain a world leader.
Syngenta Seeds in the UK compromises of several different businesses:
- Syngenta’s cereals businesses bring high quality wheat and barley varieties to specific markets throughout the world through the NK, CC Benoist and Agripro Coker brands.
- Syngenta is one of the world's largest suppliers of maize varieties. In the UK, Syngenta Seed's maize and oilseed rape crops are marketed under the NK brand. In the UK, our aim is to supply high yielding, early maize varieties with high energy and digestibility values for forage use. NK also has a number of Oil Seed Rape varieties on the HGCA Recommended List as well as specialist varieties for specific locations and end markets.
- Hilleshög is the global sugar beet brand of Syngenta Seeds, supplying growers and sugar industries around the world with a wide range of high-performance and high yielding sugar beet varieties.
- Syngenta Flowers breeds, produces, markets and distributes high-quality pot and bedding plants in the form of seeds, young plants and cuttings. Our aim is to be a respected leading company with a genuine passion for flowers.
- S&G is the global Vegetables brand for Syngenta Seeds, highly respected throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa for both fresh vegetable and industrial processing markets. We are dedicated to providing innovative products which meet the expectations of operators by ensuring optimum agronomic criteria, the tastiness of our varieties, safe products and availability throughout the year and will continue to develop new solutions throughout the whole food chain.