Development Technician Chemistry£21,000 £23,000 p/a9 month contract initially, planned for renewalBased in Berkshire Do you have experience in a laboratory environment?Would you like to work...
Analytical Chemist / Technician - Berkshire
£21,000 - £24,000 (Commensurate with experience) + Excellent Benefits
6 - 12 month contract initially
Do you have experience in a chemical laboratory? Would you like to work for a world leading chemicals company?
Due to continued growth, my client are looking to hire a lab based analytical technician. Working as part of a team focused on the development and testing of novel, chemical compounds you will perform laboratory routine testing on a range of organic and inorganic samples using a variety of different testing and analytical techniques.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a specialist Development and Testing Laboratory, which in return offers an attractive salary coupled with excellent training and development.
The company has state of the art testing facilities and a strong focus on staff development and health and safety.
To be considered you will need to have the following skills / experience;
- Experience of laboratory based analysis, or formulation, using instrumentation and / or wet chemistry testing.
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent working experience) in Science, ideally Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensic Science or another analytical subject.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and able to work alone and as part of an inter-department team
- Ability to multitask & manage time in order to perform multiple analysis
- Good manual dexterity
- A practical and responsible approach to problem solving
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
Ideally this will be backed up by experience of working in a laboratory, but this is not essential as full training will be given.
This role could be suitable for a recent graduate and is commutable from Reading, Basingstoke, Oxford & Aylesbury & Swindon.
Please apply online for more information.