Title: Analytical Assistant graduate roleLocation: Hull, East YorkshireDuration 6 MonthsSalary: up to £9.42 per hourSRG are currently looking for a Graduate Analytical Assistant to join...
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK (BSI)
Location: London, UK Weekly Hours 40.0
Posted: 23rd August 2018 Closing date: 20th September 2018
Salary: £40K - £50K
Please quote reference: SRG/SEFS
My client's medical instrument detects and classifies the presence of bacteria DNA in human blood, by stimulating micro-biological reactions on the surface of a custom chip. The chip's thousands of sensors emit signals that are analysed to work out what bacterial DNA is present. This role is about creating bespoke software tools to help the R&D electronic engineers and micro-biologists developing the product. To help them work quicker, with fewer errors, and crucially to give them better insight into their experiments, results, and interpretation of the emitted signals.This role sits in a small dedicated software development team and is focused on web-apps. Primarily the front ends, but also to a degree on (Python) back ends. Responsibilities - General
- Working closely with expert scientists and engineers to work out where and how software tools can help.
- Full lifecycle development - right through to dev-ops and support.
- Being our go-to person for front-end advice and expertise.
- Occasionally helping out with back end development (Python).
- You are a professional software engineer, interested in helping out a multi-disciplined team of engineers and scientists who are developing a high-tech medical instrument.
- You like to work in a team, collaboratively, with both a continuous desire to develop your knowledge and skills, to strive for high-quality software engineering, whilst balancing the pragmatism needed to work in this environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience with design patterns and tools to separate state in complex single page apps - for example VueX or Redux.
- Experience programming against a REST API.
- Strong experience with all the following software engineering practices: defect tracking, unit testing, branch-based collaboration, code reviewing, deployment to a PAAS environment.
- Experience working independently to collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Django with DRF Python-based back end development skills.
- SQL and NoSQL database use and design - MongoDb and PostgreSQL.
- Deployment to a PAAS deployment -Heroku.
- Familiarity with micro-biological terminology and context.
- Familiarity with electronics terminology and context.
This role will be based in DNA Electronics headquarters, in West London at White City, London, UK.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would relish playing a key role in developing a revolutionary technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates.
Please apply online for consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.