An excellent opportunity has become available with a Forensics Services organisation for a Toxicology Technical Specialist. Job Title: Technical Specialist ToxicologyVacancy type: PermanentLocation: North WestSalary:...
Technical Specialist - Inhalation Analysis
€50,000 - €65,000 + Relocation & Excellent Benefits
Based in Central Ireland
Do you have considerable experience of inhaled product development and analytical testing?
Would you like to work for a leading global research organisation?
My client is a leading global research organisation providing drug discovery and development solutions to global Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical clients. With offices in 46 countries and more than 13,000 professionals worldwide, they apply innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a commitment to quality to help clients and partners accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics and maximize the returns on their R&D investments. Due to continued success and growth, a unique permanent opportunity has arisen to work as a Technical Leader to work within the Inhalation department.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Analytical Scientist to join a state-of-the-art cGMP Contract Testing laboratory in Central Ireland. The role of Senior Research Scientist is to provide support to the Inhalation Technology Services department and as such you will have proven experience with testing of Inhalation products and devices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Lab that focuses on method development and validation, stability and quality control testing for all phases of inhaled drug development.
Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Co-ordinate all aspects of managing method development and validation
- Supervise and assist senior technical staff in laboratory operations
- Interface with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements
- Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems and processes in order to enhance efficiency and quality
- Assist with strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
The successful candidate will possess a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, and ideally a PhD or Masters degree in Chemistry. Significant experience within an analytical testing laboratory and cGMP environment is essential, as well as solid scientific supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industry (this should include R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations).
Required Skills and Experience
- Substantial testing experience of pMDIs (pressurised metered-dose inhalers), DPIs (dry powder inhalers), nebulisers and nasal sprays through Cascade Impaction, Dose delivery and Particle Size analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of separation techniques for small molecules
- Excellent analytical expertise in method development and validation
- Strong knowledge of and working to GMP standards
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong mentoring and training skills
- Ability to build and develop client relationships
- Understanding of budgeting and revenue projection
- Ability to plan, organize and work to deadlines
The successful candidate can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career in a real way. They a generous salary, medical insurance, pension, life insurance and relocation assistance to those qualified candidates based outside of the Republic of Ireland.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 096 4706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.