Senior Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals
€40,000 - €50,000 + Bonus + Relocation & Excellent Benefits
Based in Central Ireland
Do you have substantial experience of GMP pharmaceutical analytical testing?
Would you like to work for a leading global research organisation?
My client is a leading global research organisation providing drug discovery and development solutions to global Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical clients. Due to continued success and growth, a unique permanent opportunity has arisen to work as a Senior Scientist within their state-of-the-art small molecule testing department.
The role of the Senior Scientist is to provide mentorship and direction to a team of Laboratory based analytical chemists and resources for project activities and needs, overseeing daily operations to monitor quality and project timeliness, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
You will have ownership to ensure responsiveness to the client and overall client satisfaction. This position is lab based, working as in a small group of Scientists, approximately 4. This position reports to the Lab Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Allocation, scheduling and managing laboratory resources for group's project activities and updates LIMS for project status. Reviews timesheet reports for billing accuracy.
- Preparation, review and approval of study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Designing experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Reviewing data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Review and approve laboratory investigations, deviations, QA facility and data audits. Assists in client and regulatory authority audits.
- Responding to client questions and needs; leads client technical meetings.
- Assisting in preparation of proposals, project definition and pricing
- Preparation and implementing SOPs and company operational policies, making recommendations to quality system improvements.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- Educated to a Bachelor's Degree level pr higher in a relevant area, ie analytical chemistry or pharmaceutical science.
- Substantial experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or analytical contract laboratory industries.
- Stability/QC/analytical R&D/project and program management.
- Full understanding of cGMP requirements, client SOPs, ICH guidelines, EP and USP requirements and EMEA and FDA guidance's.
- Knowledge and experience of testing a variety of pharmaceutical dosage forms using techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, GC
- Experience of method development and method validation to ICH and GMP requirements
Candidates can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career in a real way. They a generous salary, medical insurance, pension, life insurance and relocation assistance to those qualified candidates based outside of the Republic of Ireland.
Please apply online, email your latest CV or call Neil Walton on +44203 09604706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.