Laboratory Technician Drink industryA Hertfordshire based client is a leader in the Beverage industry working on the development and production of leading products.They are currently...
Laboratory Support Technician
£22,000 - £26,000 + Benefits
Full Time OR Part Time
Do you have experience working in laboratory support, as a laboratory technician or in equipment mantenance?
Would you like to work for a growing laboratory and analytical organisation?
SRG has an urgent requirement for a candidate with a laboratory background to work in a support capacity, for a large established lab based organisation in London which has seen year on year growth. This is not a lab role in itself, and is more focused on maintaining a supply of consumables for use in the lab by the Scientists, and in the maintenance of lab based instrumentation and temperature controlled storage equipment.
Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Receiving and storage of laboratory equipment/supplies
- Routine calibration, and monitoring of instruments and temperature controled storage areas
- Some basic repair and maintenance of electronic instruments and storage areas
- Data input supporting routine calibrations and monitoring (within company quality standards)
- Oversight of some of the external contracts for maintenance and servicing of equipment
- Some manual handling of lab equipment and gas/liquid stocks will be required
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- Maintain accuracy and organisation with a strong focus on detail during data entry processes
- Demonstrate good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Work independently, using their own judgment and initiative to determine appropriate actions in routine and non-routine situations
- Comprehend and follow procedural guidelines to ensure compliance to stringent quality requirements
- Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of ICT with particular respect to MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and at least a basic understanding of how to use databases (MS Access)
- Apply basic electrical knowledge
- Mathematical skills (statistics, manipulation of data, etc.) and a logical mind set
- Demonstrate a degree of manual dexterity
Overall, you will need to be methodical in approach and have good communication, organisation and numerical skills together with an ability to handle multiple priorities and work accurately.
Basic scientific background with experience working with analytical instrumentation would be an advantage
In return the company offer a friendly working environment, where there is a strong sense or team working.
Please apply on line for further details