Project Engineer FMCG/Pharma/Food £30k-£35k Huddersfield/ ManchesterMy client is a leading manufacturing organisation based a commutable distance from Huddersfield and Manchester. They are looking for...
Scientific Software Engineer (NGS)
Job Reference: SW02
Location: London, UK
Posted: 30 April - 27 May
Weekly Hours: 40.0
Salary: £55-65K pa
My client is integrating cutting-edge semiconductor technologies with novel biochemical techniques to develop a new next generation sequencing (NGS) platform and associated molecular diagnostic applications. Working on the NGS platform development team, you will be responsible for all aspects of primary analysis of NGS data throughout the product development process.
Responsibilities - GeneralThe successful candidate will be responsible for the development of primary data analysis algorithms and software tools for the NGS platform. Specific activities include;
- Design and implementation of high-throughput automated primary DNA sequencing signal analysis software (base calls, mapped reads, Phred scores, error rate, signal to noise, phasing, coverage depth)
- Development of a user-friendly software tool suite for deeper analysis and troubleshooting of sequencing results including QC software
- Analysis of data sets generated by ongoing R&D work including but not limited to modelling of raw electronic signals generated by the DNAe NGS platform
- Cross-functional training on the use of the primary analysis tool suite and ongoing support of internal users
- Continuous improvement of algorithms and software tools
- Fulfilment of all documentation requirements
Our scientists and engineers thrive on working within interdisciplinary teams. You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a small, dynamic start up environment.
We are looking for people with a passion for their work - people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time.
Qualifications and experience
- MS. or PhD preferred in a scientific field such as Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proficient in Python - SciPy, NumPy, Pandas (other scripting languages).
- Understanding and demonstrable skills in real-time signal processing, data analysis, control theory, optimisation, pattern recognition and machine learning.
- Innovative problem-solving abilities, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Clear communication skills and proven ability to train others.
- Experience with ISFET-based sequencing and signal processing
- Sound knowledge of genomics and statistical methods
- Compiled programming languages C/C++, Matlab, R
- Open source genomics tools such as SamTools, Isaac, BWA, BowTie2
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics formats (HDF5, FastQ, BAM, SAM, etc.)
- Confident in a Linux environment and source code repository Git
- Development, optimisation and implementation of NGS primary analysis algorithms
LocationThis role will be based in West London at White City, London, UK
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would relish playing a key role in developing a revolutionary technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton at SRG on 02030964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.