Analytical Development Scientist (Peptide Chemistry)Are you an Analytical Development Scientist with a clear ability to develop a large variety of analytical assays? Are you able...
Molecular Biologist - Protein Engineering
Do you hold knowledge and research experience in Molecular Biology and using for Protein Engineering? Do you have experience of mammalian/bacterial cell protein expression, protein purification, and an awareness of protein engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a successful company?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is an innovative company working to support their clients within biotherapeutics through the development of customised life science products.
As my client continues to experience growth, they now seek a candidate with some experience in Molecular Biology/Protein Engineering competencies, sitting at Research Assistant level. The successful candidate will join a successful team utilising a range of Molecular and Protein based techniques.
The main responsibilities of the Molecular Biologist - Protein Engineering role will be:
* Perform laboratory based research activities within the field of Molecular Biology and Protein Engineering
o Cloning, Gene Expression, and Mutagenesis
o Mammalian/Bacterial Cell Line generation
o Protein Purification
* Assist in preparation of project reports in conjunction with Research Manager
* Support the Project Team in the timely delivery of client specific projects
* Completing work in accordance with SOP's and H&S requirements.
To be considered for the role of Research Assistant you will have the following experience/knowledge:
* A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a Biological Science (E)
* A Master's Degree (or equivalent) in a Biological Science (D)
* Experience in techniques such as Protein Expression (Mammalian and/or Bacterial), Protein Purification, Molecular based techniques. (E)
* A knowledge and exposure to Protein Engineering based work (E)
* Experience within an industry setting would be highly advantageous but not essential.
My client can offer a competitive salary, with additional benefits for this exciting opportunity.
If this role is of interest please apply online, or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.