Laboratory Manager required, based in Lancashire. Requiring experience of people and project management and laboratory-based development of industrial chemicals. Title: Laboratory ManagerLocation: LancashireSalary: £34,000...
R&D Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring experience of product development and technical troubleshooting in the chemical manufacturing industry
Title: R&D Chemist
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
SRG is working with a family-run, market-leading company specialising in the manufacture of resin-based products for a variety of industries. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for an R&D Chemist to join the technical team at their facility in Merseyside. The role will encompass elements of both product development, technical support and regulatory compliance across several key product areas. This position would be well suited to an experienced chemist with a background in product development in resins, adhesives, ceramics, polymers, coatings, epoxies, plastics or similar materials.
Benefits: Independent, innovative company, free parking, company bonus scheme and private healthcare. Flexible working hours of 37.5 hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Thursday, with an early finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Conducting laboratory-based development and validation of existing and new products to meet customer requirements
- Providing technical expertise and acting as a point of contact for customer enquiries
- Generating and maintaining MSDS and TDS to ensure compliance to ECHA/CLP regulations and REACH/RoHS/DSEAR requirements
- Providing a technical lead in investigation of breakdowns, troubleshooting and manufacturing process optimisation
- Developing working relationships with raw material suppliers and customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and innovation
- Taking the lead in ensuring project work is prioritised and target completion dates are met
- Minimum degree level qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in laboratory-based product development of resins, adhesives, ceramics, polymers, coatings, epoxies, plastics or similar materials.
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 would be advantageous but are not essential
- Technical creativity and good troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Focus on quality with a high attention to detail
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong technical experience in product development gained in the chemical manufacturing industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: resin, resins, adhesive, adhesives cement, ceramics, materials, coatings, polymer, plastics, epoxy, epoxies, product development, R&D, chemistry, organic, inorganic, ISO, project management
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.