Title: Analytical ChemistLocation: Lancashire, Clitheroe.Salary: £10.28Duration: 12 months.SRG are working with a technology company with a focus on science, specialising in manufacturing and packaging processes....
Analytical Technician - Chemistry
£21,000 - £24,000 p/a
3-6 month contract initially
Based in Berkshire
Do you have experience working in an analytical laboratory?
Would you like to work in a state-of-the-art modern laboratory for a large international company?
My client are a leading international chemicals company with a state of the art facility in Berkshire. Working in a key laboratory based role within the Testing and Analysis Department, the Analytical Chemist role involves the testing of samples, interpretation of results and delivery of timely, efficient and accurate analytical services in support research programmes. The role is varied and will demand the use of a broad range of analytical and characterisation techniques.
Key accountabilities / expectations include:
- Undertaking of laboratory based analysis on analytical insturuments.
- Carry out elemental and separations analysis using a wide range of international standards and local procedures on a variety of samples.
- Managing and prioritising a busy analysis work list in conjunction with internal customers and the needs of the analytical department.
- Analysis of experimental data and generation of fit for purpose reports/presentations to stakeholders.
- Working closely with other analytical teams to deliver an excellent level of safe, high quality service.
- Maintaining and developing intimate working relationships with appropriate internal stakeholders and wider networks to share best practices
- Contributing to continuous improvement in quality and safety
You will need the following skills and experience;
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a relevant scientific discipline (required)
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player (required)
- Experience in running analytical or characterisation instruments such as HPLC, UV-VIS, GC, GC-MS, ICP and FT-IR.
- A familiarity with other physical chemistry measurements in aqueous systems, especially those related to colloid and surface chemistry would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, team working and organisation skills are required.
Key Words "Chemistry, Analytical Chemist, Research Chemist, HPLC, Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Laboratory, UV-VIS, FT-IR, GC/MS, Analysis, Characterisation, Testing, Berkshire, GLP, Lab Technician"
Please apply online, call Neil Walton on 02030964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.