The Baking and Cereal Processing Department gives technical support to the world-wide baking and cereal product industries. It employs 14 full time staff. The team...
Section Manager - Agronomy/Agriculture/Crop SciencesGloucestershire
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
Benefits: 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site
This role will lead the development of the Primary Production section and your key objectives will be to grow the client base and income of the section by expanding its remit to a broader range of raw materials and ingredients. A major aspect of this will be to contribute to strategic development of the facilities within the organisation, as well as developing the staff within the section.Duties and responsibilities:Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required to define and develop the scope and work of the section to meet its financial and technical goals, and also to develop the team members to achieve their maximum potential.Business development responsibilities will be for both longer term and shorter term activities and will require the building of relationships and preparation of proposals for key clients (public and private) within the UK and beyond. Qualifications and competencies
- Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience in agriculture, agronomy or crop science
- Broad technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across a range of food technologies.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills-of direct reports, peers and senior management within and outside the organisation.
- A demonstrable understanding of the relevant focus area for the job with the ability to train and develop others (primarily but not exclusively direct reports)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support business development and training offerings
- Strong client and stakeholder engagement and partnering skills
- Effective project management skills from recent experience.
- Full UK/EU driving licence
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.