Senior Scientist Protein / virus assay developmentOxford Permanent position £40,000 £48000 per annum dependant on experience Are you a senior scientist with the life sciences...
Senior Scientist - Process DevelopmentPermanent position - Oxford Salary up to £48,000 dependant on experienceAre you an experienced process validation scientist looking to further your career within a successful biotech company based in Oxford? My client is looking for a PhD educated (or equivalent experience) candidate to aid in the development and optimisation of virus / protein production for cancer therapy. You will be involved in process development for both up and downstream viral production and purification, liaising with external CMO's. The successful candidate;
- You will be experienced in Process Validation and also with protein / virus production from biological systems. PhD educated or have equivalent experience within industry / academia in process validation.
- Advanced experience in virus or protein production and analysis Experience in purification techniques such as column chromatography (AKTA / FPLC / HPLC)
- Experience using mammalian cell culture and also shake flask / bioreactors for virus / protein production
- You will ideally have experience in a regulated environment (working to GMP ICH guidelines) in addition to host cell DNA and protein analysisThe Role;
- Based in Oxford you will have a senior position within a team of scientists developing methods for enhanced virus / protein production
- You will be involved in training of more junior members of the team and focussed on
- You will work towards the scale-up and tech transfer of virus / protein production for clinical use.
- You will design and optimise mammalian cell culture based virus production in shake flask / bioreactor systems.
To discuss this role in more detail please call Dr. Oliver Sampson on 0121 2225332 for an informal discussion
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.