Title: NMR SpectroscopistLocation: Bracknell / BerkshireSalary: £37'000 pro rataContract Length: 12 MonthsSRG is currently looking for an NMR Spectroscopist to join a global agrochemical company...
Title: Protein Purification Scientist
Length: 12 Months
Salary: Up to £19.23 per hour depending on experience
Protein purification scientist to join a global agriculture company based in Berkshire. You will be working within the company's well established Research & Development facility, providing support to business critical projects.
As a protein purification scientist you will work as part of the protein expression and purification team, providing recombinant protein production to support various research and development projects. You will demonstrate practical experience of using E. coli as a protein expression host, along with developing and optimising protein extraction and purification methods. You will take part in scientific discussions, making recommendations for protein production based experiments, and communicate your results to the rest of the team.
- Be educated to BSc/MSc/PhD within a molecular or biochemically related subject or equivalent lab experience.
- Solid understanding of protein analysis techniques such as; SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and protein quantification
- Solid understanding of protein chromatography techniques including Affinity, Ion Exchange, Size Exclusion and hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Have experience with method development and optimisation with these techniques.
- Proactive, inquisitive and confident individual with ability to work independently and an analytical mind-set with strong communication skills, to focus on the development of projects across the business.
- Use of automated chromatography equipment (e.g. AKTA machines) is preferable
- Have the ability to produce and accurately record all results to agreed company standards
If you feel are suitable for this position please apply now.However if you feel this role isn't right for you, but you are looking for your next position, please call in on 0161 868 2205.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.