MicrobiologistBased in Weybridge, SurreyInitial 6 month contractSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company in the Surrey who are seeking a Microbiologist...
Research Scientist (Antibiotic Development)
Do you hold strong skills within Microbiology based research, working on the characterisation of compound anti-microbial properties? Have you assessed Mode of Action of test agents and other Pharmacological properties using a range of Assay types?
My client based in the Hertfordshire area is a highly innovative company working on the developement of antibiotics for the treatment of serious infection. They ahve experienced continued success and as a result are currently seeking a Research Scientist with a focus on the assessment and research of agent properties and characterisation using a range of experiemental approaches.
The main duties of the Research Scientist role will be:
- Detailed Pharmacological characterisation of a range of novel compounds
- Development and execution of a range of Cell Based Assays.
- In depth characterisation of the antimicrobial properties of novel compounds.
- Explore mode of action of novel compounds through a range of experimental procedures; both design and execution of approaches.
To be considered for the role of Research Scientists, you will have the following experience:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) or PhD within Microbiology
- Experience gained within academia or industry in areas related to the role profile.
- Strong knowledge across a range of microbiology technqiues
- Assessment of antimicrobial properties
- Assessment of mode of action of test agents
- Experience in the design and running of microbiological screens, and related cell based assays
- Experience within anti-infectives or a related field would be highly desired.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.